insights-info - interrogate components to get info (source, docs, dependencies, etc.)
insights-info [OPTIONS] SPEC [ARCHIVE]
The insights-info command provides a tool to interrogate insights-core components and any components added using the command options. Insights-info can be used to display embedded documentation and source code for components as well as showing the a component’s dependency information.
- -c COMPONENTS --components COMPONENTS
- Comma separated list of components that have already executed. Names without ‘.’ are assumed to be in insights.specs.Specs.
- -d COMPONENT --pydoc COMPONENT
- Show pydoc for the given object. E.g.: insights-info -d insights.rule.
- -h --help
- Show the command line help and exit.
- -i COMPONENT --info COMPONENT
- Comma separated list of components to get dependency info about.
- -k --pkg-query
- Expression to select rules by package.
- -p PLUGINS --preload PLUGINS
- Comma separated list of packages or modules to preload.
- -s COMPONENT --source COMPONENT
- Show source for the given component. E.g.: insights-info -s insights.parsers.redhat_release
- -S NAME --specs NAME
- Show specs for the given name. E.g.: insights-info -S uname
- -t TYPES --types TYPES
- Filter results based on component type; e.g. ‘rule,parser’. Names without ‘.’ are assumed to be in insights.core.plugins.
- --tags EXPRESSION
- An expression for selecting which loaded rules to run based on their tags.
- -v --verbose
- Print component dependencies.
- insights-info foo bar baz
- Search for all datasources that might handle foo, bar, or baz files or commands along with all components that could be activated if they were present and valid.
- insights-info -i insights.specs.Specs.hosts
- Display dependency information about the hosts datasource.
- insights-info -d insights.parsers.hosts.Hosts
- Display the pydoc information about the Hosts parser.